Pages

Monday, July 13, 2015

garden bunny

The Illustration Friday prompt this week is: garden. I've been in a bunny drawing mood lately, and bunnies like gardens, so I sketched this image:


I had already emphasized the bunny, butterfly, bee, snail, and worm (and their plants) with black line, but decided to add color to them too. This is the result:


It looks a bit more like a poster with types of plants than gardens, but I like it. Then I decided to take away the line to see what it would look like with just the color:


The three images are the same, and yet different. Not sure which one I like best, but I do like them all for different reasons.

Experimenting with art is fun! But it doesn't always yield an answer to what's best or what direction to keep experimenting with. Guess that means more experimenting with all of these, and more!

4 comments:

  1. This post illustrates why I love illustrators. You make us *see*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love illustrators, too. I'm just amazed by the transformation and how much the pictures tell a story! Bunnies are so sweet. Love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Venessa! *sends bunny to Venessa* :)

      Delete