Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

blog chickens, IF chickens & portfolio chickens!

It’s chicken week here at sruble.com, which means new chicken art!  They’re all pictures of Daria (the chicken in my picture book), except for the IF sketch, which features lots of chickens.

Did you notice the first picture of Daria the chicken? It’s on my shiny new blog header above. It’s based on an image from the PB dummy and is in my portfolio too.

There are also two new pictures of Daria. You might have already seen them on my CBIG portfolio, but they look a little bit different now. I changed a few of things to make them better. What do you think of the new images?

Daria the snowboarding chicken

Daria the snowboarding chicken

Daria the skydiving chicken

Daria the skydiving chicken

And finally, the prompt this week for Illustration Friday is, “wilderness.” The first thing that popped into my head was this sentence: It’s a little known fact that the wilderness is full of chickens. I started sketching right away! (Yes, I do know I’m a strange; people tell me that all the time.) Since I don’t have time to paint this week, the sketch will have to do for now, :( but I am going to paint it later because the idea totally cracks me up. :P Doesn’t the idea of chickens in the wilderness make you laugh too?

chickens in the wilderness

chickens in the wilderness

It’s been a chicken sort-of week around here. What kind of week are you having?

No comments:

Post a Comment