Pages

Friday, January 9, 2009

a conversation with Sheila (and Lexi and Bee)

Sending wishes to you all for a creative weekend! Here’s what’s been going on in my creative world lately:

sruble: I’ve been reading a lot of zombie books and they all feature cheerleaders. Maybe I should tell Princess Lexi’s story first.

Lexi: Hurrah!

Sheila: If you don’t tell my story, I’ll eat your brain. Besides, my story isn’t about cheerleading at all.

sruble: It’s not?

Sheila: No. It’s about boys, duh. Cheerleading is a way of life, it’s who I am, but my story is about boys.

sruble: So it’s a romance?

Sheila: Not exactly.

Lexi: What does that mean?

Bee: You could tell my story first. Then you wouldn’t have to choose between the cheerleader or the princess.

sruble: Sigh. I can’t tell your story right now Bee. You said you didn’t want to be Red Riding Hood.

Bee: True, but I did say you could keep everything else, my best friend Ig, the woods, the cute woodsman …

Sheila: Oooh, you have a cute boy in your story? Can I come see?

Lexi: I have a cute boy too, only he’s a psychopath.

sruble: You have to stay in your own story Sheila, and Lexi, he’s not a psychopath.

Lexi: He is too. He wants to go around killing people … with the guillotine!

Sheila: That sounds a bit psycho to me, and I’m a zombie.

sruble: He’s not a psycho. He likes the guillotine because it’s faster and less painful than how he was killed.

Bee: He’s dead?

Sheila: How’d he die?

Lexi: He had his head chopped off. The executioner was having a bad day; it took three chops to go all the way through.

Bee: Ewwwww!

Sheila: So is he like the headless horseman?

sruble: I have to go now. If you don’t see me for a while, it’s Sheila, Lexi and Bee’s fault.

7 comments:

  1. I don't know, I think they might all go together. I like their interaction. And Sheila (and Lexi and Bee) is an awesome title...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Love the interaction! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea: a conversation with your characters! The guillotine story sounds intriguing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well darn, now I want to know more about the headless dude ...

    I guess that's the point, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacqui - good idea for the future. Right now they all have stories to tell, but I could see getting them together later. Hmmmm.

    Thanks Christy!

    Thanks Kelly! Yeah, the guillotine guy is an interesting character.

    Rena, there will be more about him in the future, I think. I'll have to save the really good bits for the book, but there will be teasers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way they all talk around, about and with each other...You need to write something that has all 3 in it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Brenda! I'd love to find some way to get them together, but so far they have their own stories and just get together for fun.

    ReplyDelete